We take data protection seriously. Personal data are processed in accordance with the Swiss Data Protection Act (FADP). In addition, we process personal data in accordance with the applicable articles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to the extent that this applies. Hereinafter we tell you how we process the data we collect from you, and what claims and rights you are entitled to under the data protection regulations.
1. Data categories
1.1 Personal data are personal information that enable you to be identified. Examples of this include information such as name, address, telephone number, e‑mail address and also information about your behaviour on the internet, provided that it can be directly or indirectly attributed to you.
Unless otherwise explained in the following sections, this website can in principle be used without entering personal data.
1.2 Data controller
7Days Media Services GmbH, Frankfurt am Main,
Phone: +41 58 789 76 60
1.3 Each time this website is accessed, we automatically record and temporarily store certain data regarding the end device used to do so. The following data are collected:
- IP address
- internet browser, language settings
- date and time of access
- operating system
- type of device used
1.4 When you contact us by e‑mail, phone or using the contact form, we store the data you provide (name, contact details) in order to answer your questions about the services we offer. We delete the data collected in this context once the purposes of the processing have ceased to apply, or if there are legal obligations to retain them we restrict data processing.
1.5 Further data may be gathered and processed by the services we use if you give your consent. You can find out more about this in section 6.
2. Purposes of data processing
The processing of data in accordance with section 1.3 serves exclusively to ensure the functionality and user-friendliness of the website. It is thus carried out within the framework of a legitimate interest of ours (Art. 13 para. 1 FADP, Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR). These data are not collected or evaluated for any other purposes.
The processing of data pursuant to section 1.4 is carried out for the purpose of implementing pre-contractual measures and/or fulfilling a contract (Art. 13 para. 2 a) FADP, Art. 6 para. 1 b GDPR).
The processing of data pursuant to section 1.5 is carried out with your consent (Art. 13 para. 1 FADP, Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR).
3. Recipients or categories of recipients of your data
Within our company your data is passed on to those internal bodies or organizational units that need it to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations, or in the context of processing and implementing our legitimate interests. Your data will only be passed on to external bodies
- insofar as external service companies process data on our behalf by processing orders or taking over functions (e.g. external data centres, support/maintenance of IT applications, archiving, website management (design, maintenance and further development), data disposal companies)
- on the basis of our legitimate interests or those of the third party for the purposes mentioned in section 2 (e.g. affiliated companies)
- if you have consented to the transfer of data to third parties.
Otherwise, we will not pass your data on to third parties. Insofar as we commission service providers within the scope of order processing, your data are subject to the same security standards there as they are with us. In other cases, recipients may use the data only for the purposes for which it was transmitted to them.
4. Retention period
Unless otherwise stated, we process and store your personal data for as long as we consider it necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. In addition we are subject to various statutory documentation obligations and retention periods. We delete your data as soon as they are no longer required, and in any case when the maximum retention period prescribed by law has expired.
These are small files that are installed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website and are retained by them for later retrieval. These files identify your computer as a technical unit when you visit our website, making it easier for you to use our services, including repeat visits.
Cookies do not allow a server to read private data from your computer, or data stored by another server. Cookies cause no damage to your computer and do not contain viruses.
As cookies improve the functioning of our website, they are necessary to protect our legitimate interests.
Information on how to change cookie settings can be found on your browser provider’s website:
6. Available services
6.1 Google Ads & Conversion TrackingOur websites use Google Ads and, within the framework of Google AdWords, Conversion Tracking – an analytical service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”). We ourselves do not collect or process any personal data in the course of the aforementioned advertising activity. We receive only statistical evaluations from Google, which enable us to identify which advertising activities are particularly effective. We receive no further data from the use of advertising tools. In particular, this information does not enable us to identify you. The marketing tools used automatically establish a direct connection between your browser and the Google server. Data are processed on the basis of your consent.
Right of revocationYou have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. No reasons need be given. If you do not agree to the future transmission of your data to Google in the context of the use of our websites, you have the option of deactivating Google Ads in your browser settings (see section 5 above). Furthermore, you have the option of objecting to interest-based advertising by Google by going to https://adssettings.google.com and selecting your settings. In this case it is possible that not all of our website functions will be fully available to you. You can find further information on Google’s data protection at https://policies.google.com/.. You are not obliged to provide your personal data. There is no legal or contractual requirement to provide these data, nor are they needed to conclude contracts. However, failing to provide such data could result in your being unable to use our website to its full extent or at all.
Right of revocationYou have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. No reasons need be given. If you do not agree to the future transmission of your data to Google in the context of the use of our websites, you have the option of completely deactivating Google Analytics in your browser settings (see section 5 above). Data processing by Google can also be prevented by using a browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics. Further information and the add-on can be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. In this case it is possible that not all of our website functions will be fully available to you. You can find further information on data protection at Google Analytics at https://www.policies.google.com. You are not obliged to provide your personal data. There is no legal or contractual requirement to provide these data, nor are they needed to conclude contracts. However, failing to provide such data could result in your being unable to use our website to its full extent or at all.
7. Social media servicesOn our website we refer to our presence on the LinkedIn and YouTube social media platforms. We do not use plug-ins, only a link via corresponding buttons. Personal data may be transmitted to these social media platforms when you visit our presence on them. If you are logged in to the social media platform with your personal user account when visiting a social media site, the provider of the social media platform may be able to associate the visit with your user account. You can prevent this by logging out of your social media user account before visiting our social media sites. It is also possible that, in addition to the specific data entered by you on this social media platform, further information will also be processed by the provider (e.g. the browser version used by you, your processor type, plug-ins and your IP address). Please note that user data may also be transferred to servers in a third country, which may include countries without an adequate level of data protection, and may therefore be processed outside Switzerland, the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA). Further information on the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by the provider of the social media platform, as well as on your rights and settings options for protecting your privacy, can be found in the following social media platform terms and conditions:
8. Your data privacy rightsIf the legal preconditions are met, you can assert your data privacy rights against us.
- You are entitled, for example, to receive information from us about the data we store about you.
- On your request, we will correct the data we hold about you if they are inaccurate or incorrect.
- We will delete your data if you wish, unless other legal provisions (e.g. statutory retention obligations or restrictions) or an overriding interest on our part (e.g. for the defence of our rights and claims) prevent us from doing so.
- Taking account of the legal preconditions, you can ask us to restrict the processing of your data.
- Furthermore you can object to your data being processed, in which case we must stop doing so. This right of objection only applies in the case of very special personal circumstances, however, whereby there may be a possible conflict with the rights of our company.
- Furthermore you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future.
- If the GDPR applies, you also have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority if you believe that your data are not being processed lawfully. You also have the right to receive your data in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to transfer them to a third party.